It's all over the media: TV, news, and even on some of our bumper stickers. But what does it mean? "Going green" is just one way that we can help preserve our environment. Buildings have a significant impact on our natural environment, our health and our productivity. According to the U.S.G.B.C., buildings in the United States account for:
- 70% of Electricity Consumption
- 39% of Energy Use
- 39% of Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- 40% of Raw Material Use
- 40% of Waste Output (a Whopping 136 Million Tons per Annum)
- 12% of Potable Water Consumption (15 Trillion Gallons)
What Is LEED?
LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) is a part of the U.S. Green Building Council that certifies the greenest buildings in the world. The U.S.G.B.C. is composed of over 15,000 organizations across the building industry that are working to advance structures that are environmentally responsible, profitable, and healthy places to live and work.
T.D.B., LLC earned the highest of LEED honors, GOLD rating, on their very first "Green" Project in 2009. See the TDB Experience page and click on Orion Associates to see photos.
There are 5 aspects that are required in order to qualify as a LEED building. They are:
- Site Planning
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Material Use
- Water Management
Should you consider building green?
What are the benefits of green building? The U.S.G.B.C. has listed some of the most important and accounted benefits. These are highlighted below.
- Enhances & Protects Ecosystems & Biodiversity
- Improves Air & Water Quality
- Reduces Solid Waste
- Conserves Natural Resources
Health & Community Benefits:
- Improves Air, Thermal & Acoustic Environments
- Enhances Occupant Comfort & Health
- Minimizes Strain on Local Infrastructure
- Contributes to Overall Quality of Life
- Reduces Operating Costs
- Enhances Asset Value & Profits
- Improves Employee Productivity & Satisfaction
- Optimizes Life-Cycle Economic Performance
TDB Builders is a member of the U.S.G.B.C. to better serve the community and protect the environment as best we can. We have also recently become certified Mn Green Star Builders Feel free to contact TDB Builders with any questions regarding building using the LEED rating system.
Send to Phone
Your text message was sent.
To opt out at anytime, send the word STOP to YP411 from your mobile phone.
To get a help message, send the word HELP to YP411 from your mobile phone.
Please try again
You must enter a vaild 10 digit U.S. phone number.
Send this business listing as a text message to a mobile phone.
4455 White Bear Parkway #600 White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Terms: The recipient of this text message may incur charges depending on their wireless carrier. Not all carriers are currently supported